POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HF Erosion : Re: HF Erosion Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF Erosion
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jul 2000 12:00:02
Message: <397DB98D.FDD8D770@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Seems it would be easier to just make a program output a stack of tga
> files from a 3df file...anyway, what I was thinking of would be a real
> 3D filter designed to do erosion on a 3df file. Maybe by using some kind
> of particle effects to simulate where rain would fall and water would
> flow, with each particle carrying some "soil" and depositing it when it
> slows down. I've had some practice with particle systems lately. :-)

You must have a really fast computer to suggest those things...

Another nice thing about real 3d-erosion would be that you could easily add
support for layers of different materials with different erodability, you could
also think of tectonics, but i would suggest to by lots of RAM and a really fast
CPU first :-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>